1st November - 4th November
Become a Paid Professional Pet Groomer and Start Your Own Business
We have 2 courses to help you become a professional dog groomer! You can attend the live, hands-on workshop in The Room at DGS Imports.
When you book this course, you also get access to the ONLINE course and backup phone or Zoom support for a full 12 months.
Here's what you will learn:
- How to work in the Pet Grooming Industry as a professional
- Washing, brushing and blow-drying to a professional standard
- Undercoat stripping for double-coated dogs
- Recognizing and correcting skin and hair problems
- Shaving short-coated dogs to reduce shedding
- 3 different techniques to clip a long-haired dog
- How to do a long clip for owners wanting to keep the full coat
- How to remove knots and tight mats in the dog’s coat
- How to shape a head, ears and tail to make them look beautiful
- Nail trimming safely and correctly with no stress
- Scissor trimming and dog hair styling techniques
- Correct holding for grooming and how to handle difficult dogs
- Greeting the customer and deciding what treatment their dog needs
- Safety and well-being of the dogs
- Equipment selection, purchase and maintenance
- How to start up a home salon or mobile dog grooming business
- You will groom a minimum of 4 dogs during the course
- A manual of notes and all the grooming equipment will be provided
- Doggy models will be provided, although we encourage you to find at least one model of your own (friends, family or neighbours dog.)
- Small, friendly, personal classes. Only 1-4 students.
- You will receive a beautiful certificate on completion of the course.
- Jill will be available for support up to 12 months after your course!
If there are days you can not attend, we can tweak the dates to suit your schedule. I look forward to helping you get started in your new dog grooming business. You will have fun and enjoy the rewards!
For bookings and more information please contact Jill: